Monday, January 09, 2006

Pork Busters Update

Being a Democrat I am supposed to hate Republicans. Well I don't in fact I find myself agreeing with the GOP far more than the Democratic leadership these days. However The GOP is in charge of both houses of congress right now and as John Fund tells us today they are spending far more of our money on pork barrel spending projects than ever before. The latest culprit being "earmarked" projects.

Earmarks are the latest way for congressmen put their votes up for sale. I.e. Ted Stevens notorious "bridge to nowhere". If the GOP doesn't clean up its act they are gonna find themselves out on their ears.

For the latest check the porkbusters website. Call your senator call your congressman tell them you want them to cut the pork barrel spending in your district and state.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home