Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Internet Cowards....

I don't know about the wisdom of this new proposed amendment to the 1934 communications act, but I agree with La Shawn Barber completely on this one. This is one of my pet peeves about the intraweb. Before starting this blog, I posted frequently on a few internet message boards, and I have played online video games for several years. It always amazed and infuriated me when people would not just cross but leap over the bounds of socially acceptable behavior simply because they were anonymous. Saying things they would never say in person for fear of a well deserved beating, or in the case of video games, intentionally harming other players for pure amusement. Taking pleasure from the other player’s pain / inconvenience / loss etc.

I put up a recent example in my post "The Last Goodbye" where some anonymous coward insulted a Vietnam vet on a message board after he had posted this story and a heart wrenching personal account.

This worm had the gaul to call to make this comment:

They were stupid, Patriotism gets you nothing but a body bag.

Now if this guy had said this in a bar room, instead of the virtual room he was in (a message board) he would have been pummeled. Most likely he would have never said it fearing the beating he would get. So why does he say it on the web?

Because he is a coward. I have asked myself many times what could be done to make these people behave, or bring some type of justice to them. The only answer I can come up with is the sad pathetic lives they must lead is punishment enough.

I would love to see these cowards get what they deserve but I doubt a federal law is the right way to do it.

Sister Toldjah doesn't think this is such a good idea either.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home