Monday, November 07, 2005

New York Times Incompetent or Covering up for Schumer?

Here is a brief email exchange I had with Bill Borders at the New York Times before I started this blog. I had asked him why the New York Times had failed to cover the story about Democratic operatives fraudulently obtaining the credit report of Lt. Gov. Michael S. Steele. Yes this is the same Michael Steele that has been the target of racial slurs by Democrats, and even had a liberal activist doctor a photo of him to show him wearing blackface.

Here is my first email titled "No reporting of Schumer DNSC Scandal?"
Sent Sept 23 2005.

I am just curious why the NYT would not publish a scandal that involves
your senior home state Senator?
Incompetence?
Intentional cover up?
Are there any other plausible options?
I look forward to your reply.

Best regards,


Admittedly a little combative on my part. Mr. Borders responded that same day:


Dear Sir,
I don't know what you are referring to here, or what you mean
by the "DNSC scandal." If you want to tell me what you have in mind, I will be
happy to address your concerns.

But even without knowing what you are talking about, I can assure you that there is no "coverup" involved. We are not in the business of covering things up.


Thanks for writing, and for expecting much of The New York Times.


Best,
Bill Borders, senior
editor.


Ok fair enough. Perhaps he was completely unaware of this story (I doubt it) or was confused by my mislabeling of the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee. So I replied with the story from the Washington Post.

Here is my next email to Mr. Borders again on Sept 23rd with an excerpt of the article:

Surfeit of ScoundrelsFriday, September 23, 2005; Page A22 MARYLAND
Republicans are angry, and rightly so, that Democratic operatives would
fraudulently obtain the credit report of Lt. Gov. Michael S. Steele, an
all-but-declared candidate in next year's race for the U.S. Senate. A pair of
twentysomething operatives for the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee
apparently procured the report for the purpose of "opposition research." They've
been fired by the DSCC, and the case has been referred to the FBI and the U.S.
attorney's office in Washington, which are investigating.

How can you let these guys scoop you on a story involving your own
Senator?

Thanks again for your prompt reply and attention.

Have a great weekend!


As of today Mr. Borders has not replied. I am emailing him now to ask if he failed to receive my previous email. Update to follow.

GM's Corner
has more on the NYT and their shoddy reporting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home