Wednesday, October 26, 2005

stuff to read today

Ok This can not be true can it? USA Today editing Condi Rice's picture to make her look like the devil? Michelle Malkin has the story. Fromthepen.com broke this news.

A funny if it wasnt so true carton from ipsofacto.

The Brent Scowcroft interview in the New Yorker this week looks to be interesting in a very sad way. Here are two "journalists" talking about ones interview with Scowcroft. Personally I find Scowcroft's position and RealPolitik attitude frightening especially since it is a proven failure i.e. Al Qaeda, Iran's Mullahs, Wahabism, etc, etc. I will post more on this later.

Michael Yon's Latest post is as usual fantastic.

Here is a great article from a left wing journalist who was kidnapped in Falujah. Very interesting read.

Sasha Abramsky posted this great article Whos Al-Qaeda Problem earlier this month. This is one of the reasons I love opendemocracy.net!

I still haven't figured out the qoute thing but here is an excerpt from the article:

Much of the left’s opposition to the Iraq war and the Bush administration’s anti-terror campaigns – voiced by figures like Tariq Ali, Robert Fisk, George Galloway, Naomi Klein, and John Pilger – has blinded it to the need to engage with real problems and threats, says Sasha Abramsky.

and

Some of my friends and relatives tell me I’ve changed – that my politics
aren’t as “leftwing” as they used to be during the anti-nuclear movement in Britain back in the 1980s. In a way, they are right. My core politics haven’t changed, but it seems to me that the world has changed so dramatically – traditional alliances and reference points have become unreliable, the ground rules of the power game have so shifted – I’d be a fool not to incorporate these changes into my analytical framework.


I strongly encourage any of you who consider yourself left of center to read the entire article and seriously think about what we are facing today.

Then here is another great article by Eli Lake in response to Sasha's article titled aptly The left and al-Qaida: two cheers for Sasha Abramsky . Again this is a must read especially if you consider yourself a Liberal (as I do).

Leftists like Tariq Ali, Robert Fisk, John Pilger, and Arundhati Roy are not misguided progressives but on the other side of freedom, says Eli Lake.

Progressives, however, should go further than being saddened “by how
utterly incapable were those same arguments of generating responses to the fanaticism of our time.” It’s worse than that.
Robert Fisk, JohnPilger, Tariq Ali, George Galloway, and their co-thinkers are the vanguard of an illiberal left, a faction among progressives whose sympathies lie with nostalgic fascists.


Ok that should prolly keep you busy for today. I may have more later so get crackin.

2 Comments:

At 10/26/2005 07:33:00 AM, Blogger Rod said...

Nice blog. Your posts were interesting reading. I have a psychic love reading site. You can find everything about psychic love reading as well as numerology and astrology to help you find your soul mate or lost loved one. You'll find it very informative. Please try and visit it, see what you think.
Rod

 
At 10/26/2005 08:16:00 AM, Blogger Mike Wallster said...

Hey ug, thanks for linking to my Ipso Blog. I answered your comment in the comments section http://ipsofactocomic.blogspot.com/2005/10/feathers-mcgraw-my-partner-over-at.html

You might want to go to your settings to prevent the kind of spamming you're going to start getting, like the previous comment. If you don't know how, holler it's simple.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home